Monday, September 24, 2012

Trends


If you've been following me on Instagram and Twitter, you're much aware that I worked for Sir Noel Manapat, one of the country's top fashion stylists and Bench's fashion stylist, during the Bench Universe denim and underwear show. During that time, Sir Nio Manzano, one of the stylists, mentioned about a fashion show this coming October and asked me if I could create a mood board. I was hesitant at first because I'm not very good at creating mood boards. It was actually my least favourite part of styling class. But of course, I did not let the opportunity slip away; I said yes and took the challenge! How could I not, if it gets approved, my styling will be used for the fashion show. Imagine that!!

Moving on to the mood board, the first step I did was to research. Sir Nio already mentioned some trends that's in for the season but of course, I had to do further research. So what's actually in? Pre-holiday 2012 (or Fall 2012, in other countries) = military-themed, brocades, leathers, houndstoooth prints, herringbone fabrics.

Enter Zara, Mango, and Topshop and notice that camouflage print, combat boots, leather everything, and the color army green are the things that you'll find in there!

Anyway, I took photos over the web and had them approved by Sir Nio. I didn't have to but I guess I was too scared to use the wrong photos. Fortunately, most were given a yes! When my photos are ready, with the help of my brother (Yes, I do not know a thing about Photoshop prior to this. What a shame! HAHA.), I already made the mood board.

What do you guys think about it?! Not bad, right? I mean it's my first time, c'mon!!

All photos are from the web.

Special thanks to Mike Asuncion! ;-)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...